I picked a paint palette and began coordinating the samples with the color scheme. In spite of having a wide array of material, I needed to fill the gaps. The only option now was to look for images online, however choosing from the plethora was a challenge. After a laborious week, I was pleased I got the concept materials I wanted.
Shopping for grey and white foam boards, black and white chart paper, a retractable knife, special glue, and a wooden scale was next on the list.
With the prep out of the way, I was geared to roll up my sleeves. This meant sizing and cutting the white foam board in rectangular or square pieces that were almost a quarter of an inch larger than the samples. Once this was done, I cut the black or white chart paper to fit the foam board pieces and then glued them together. I then glued the samples on the finished pieces to show a white or black border around the sides.
Though it was painstaking process that called for loads of patience, I enjoyed every moment of it.
Next, I arranged the samples on the design board. With the visual appeal sorted, I glued the samples, floor plan and palette on the board, labeled the items, and made a title and legend. And the design board for the living room was ready.